One of the factors that will affect your decision on which tire to purchase for your ride is the make and model of your car. Each different type of vehicle has different tires that are made for its size and for the way it drives. A smaller car will have smaller and less expensive tires generally speaking. This may not have been a consideration when you purchased your vehicle, but a smaller less expensive car is typically less expensive to purchase tires for as well.

The first place you should consider is your local auto wreckers or junkyard. You never know what hidden gem you may find amid the rubble. Often people will dispose of a vehicle without realizing the potential worth in it. Many would rather not invest the time and money necessary for the restoration of classic cars. That alone is a great way to get them to unload their classic on you. There is a good chance you will find an old car at the junkyard that has been left there due to age or missing parts. If restoration is what you plan, this can be a goldmine.

04d8198aa4b4748facdea1fce5395708889c6755

Yesterday, I observed an irrational customer. After experiencing my second tire blow out in 5 months the day before, it was definitely time for a new set of tires on my SUV. While waiting on my car to be brought into the bay, I sat at the customer counter and typed away at future blogs posts for the coming weeks.

Evan, an employee at the tire shop, calmly explained to the aggravated customer that three tires would have to be replaced instead of only two. The customer wasn't happy. Even though Evan clearly offered to replace one of the tires for free, she was calling her husband to come down and look at the three tires (since he honolulu gmc to work at a tire shop).

If you've driven on one or two flats for awhile, these tires need to be replaced because they've gone bad and even with pressure added to them, this will only temporarily help the problem. Also if your tires are more than six years old, you should replace the tires.

Visually Inspect the Car yourself! Walk around it and look at the fit and finish. Not all wrecked cars will be reported, but if you see uneven spaces between the doors, and hood and fender, then watch out! Check for "over spray". If the car was repainted, it may not show up on a Car Fax either. Look around the black moldings, and exterior fittings like headlights, door handles, etc. If you see "over spray" it likely means the car has been repainted. Now, for a car older than 10 years it could be perfectly reasonable to have a re-paint. Just try and find out who and where the work was done.