The ride home was enlightening. Not only because of the mind numbing noise, but also the sheer performance of the thing. I also discovered that the redundant switch on the dash was connected to an overdrive! Which was mighty strange when it was supposedly powered by a 1500cc Ford engine. Subsequent investigation revealed a great, cast iron, lump of a Triumph TR4 engine, complete with twin DCOE Weber carbs and a set of individual exhaust pipes that could have doubled for gutter down pipes. Decades later I discovered that my supposed Talisman was actually a Tornado Thunderbolt with a Talisman body grafted on. Not just any old Thunderbolt but a Tornado Team race car. 130+bhp, stump pulling torque, effectively 7 speed gearbox and a weight of around 1500lbs. Happy days!

The price you will get from a auto parts business depends on your location and whether you can drive the car to them. The average price a junk yard will give you for a car you can drive it in is $200. If the junk yard has to tow your car, you will get about half that amount.

auto parts from junkyards have been salvaged from wrecked vehicles. These include used body, electrical and engine parts. Most of them are also available as auto parts that you can readily install to your vehicles. They are pre-cleaned, conditioned, inspected and tested to assure quality.

Let us start with ease of obtaining. Obviously newer car parts will be easier to get than older ones. A friend of mine still has a 1975 Pontiac Lemans. To obtain parts for this car he has to literally go to junk yards and even online. No new car dealers keep parts beyond 10 years or so and even auto parts stores limit their inventory to cars under 20 years. A 30 year old vehicle is almost impossible to find parts for. Plus, if you can find the part, depending on where you get it, the cost could be anywhere from 20 to 100% over the original part cost. To say that late model car owners are taken advantage of would be a gross understatement.

scrap yards near me You remember the Phoenician woman, the woman from another culture said to Jesus even the dogs get the scraps off the table, when she wanted her daughter to be healed. This was the woman that wanted the miracle off Jesus when Jesus said that he wasn't going to heal her because he said she was basically a dog. Jesus saw her great faith and healed her daughter that day.

All those cars that were scrapped, older folks, college kids or first time drivers could have bought and stimulated the economy more than what little fuel or green house gases they would use/omit.