Outgoing Meta COO Sheryl Sandberg and businessman Tom Bernthal tied the knot in a cowboy-themed wedding over the weekend. 

Sandberg, 52, married Bernthal, 50, the founder and former CEO of Kelton Global, on Saturday in Wyoming, the happy couple revealed on Instagram

The wedding was held at the Four Seasons Resort in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, sources told - with the entire hotel booked for guests including the groom's brother, Hollywood actor Jon Bernthal, along with tech titans and Washington, DC, power players, including Secretary of State Antony J.

Blinken.

Sandberg, who has a net worth of $1.5 billion, according to

It was that she had stepped down amid an investigation over her use of corporate resources to help plan the wedding, which took place over the weekend, as another power couple - JLo and Ben Affleck - were also tying the knot across the country in Georgia. 

In an Instagram post late Saturday night, Sandberg shared a of herself and her new husband in with the caption: 'MARRIED ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️'  

The couple, who got engaged on a ranch and share a love of country music, incorporated several Western touches into their special day, which included the groom's outfit of jeans and cowboy boots, according to

Following Saturday's nuptials, Bernthal also shared the couple's wedding picture on his own account, with the heartfelt caption: 'After both experiencing loss, @sherylsandberg and I weren't sure we would ever find love again. Over the last three years, we've merged our lives and blended our families.

Our wedding today was a dream come true.'

Locals told Page Six that the day before the wedding, a welcome party was held for the guests and at least four helicopters were seen flying back and forth to the top of the mountain at the resort.

Bernthal's famous brother Bernthal, who served as his best man, was spotted playing touch football with some of the other guests outside at the resort on the day of the ceremony, sources said. 

'Jon was out there playing football in a big ol' cowboy hat!' a starstruck local said. 

The actor rose to fame after his role of Shane Walsh in The Walking Dead, and has gone one to snag roles in Wolf of Wall Street, The Punisher, and King Richard.

Most recently, he's showing his softer side in Lena Dunham's new movie Sharp Stick. 

Because the guest list, sources say 'there were secret service agents' at the hotel.

'They bought out the whole hotel for the wedding, and it was on super lockdown,' said a source. 

It's unclear if Sandberg's former colleague, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, was at the wedding. 

Sandberg and Bernthal were surrounded by family and friends as they said their vows on Saturday. 

The couple's five children — Sandberg with her son and a daughter, and Bernthal with three children — all served as members of the bridal party. 

Sandberg's children are from her marriage to her late husband Dave Goldberg, who died suddenly in 2015.

His brother, Rob, who introduced the couple in 2019, served as a co-officiant, according to People Magazine. 

'It is our wedding as the seven of us,' Bernthal told People Magazine.

'We keep saying, 'We're all getting married,'' Sandberg reportedly added.

In lieu of gifts, the couple asked that guests donate to VOW and CARE to fund anti-child marriage programs and poverty alleviation efforts, the magazine reported.   

Sandberg said: 'While we are choosing to get married, thousands around the world are still forced to marry as children. We're making donations ourselves,' she added, 'but also inviting our guests to celebrate with us and try to end child marriage.'

The couple has raised $1 million for VOW and $10 million for CARE, it was reported. 

Sandberg, one of the most powerful women in tech and the top lieutenant to Meta CEO , made the decision to leave Meta earlier this year after having worked at the company for 14 years.

'I'm really focused on what I'm going to do,' she explained.

'Next, philanthropically and I am staying on the board and I have a leader of the philanthropy now.'

Sandberg is no stranger to advocacy work. She is the co-founder and board chair of the Lean In Foundation, which acts a global community dedicated to helping foster leadership, advancement and inclusion for women in the workplace.

She also plans to refocus her work on women's issues and philanthropy as Roe v Wade is under assault.

'This is a really important moment for women. This is a really important moment for me to be able to do more with my philanthropy, with my foundation,' Sandberg, 52, told

Although the sources said the investigation was still active, a Meta spokeswoman insisted to DailyMail.com this summer that: 'Sheryl did not inappropriately use company resources in connection with the planning of her wedding

'This has nothing to do with Sheryl's departure from the company.' 

Sandberg shocked the business world when she announced her departure from the company, saying she was feeling 'burned out' and feeling like a 'punching bag' over the criticisms Meta and have faced in recent years, WSJ reported. 

The parent company, Meta Platforms, founder Mark Zuckerberg and other execs have faced mounting pressure to re-evaluate their social media services following a bombshell whistle blower report last year that revealed the company was well-aware of the negative effects Instagram was having on teens but did little to change. 

Sandberg, who will remain as a Meta board member, allegedly felt the brunt of the pressure, according to those close to her, who suggested she felt targeted by critics because she was the company's most powerful woman. 

Sandberg herself appeared to harbor no ill-will towards Meta or boss Zuckerberg as she said she was excited for the company's future advances. 

'Sitting by Mark's side for these 14 years has been the honor and privilege of a lifetime,' she wrote in her resignation post.

'I am so immensely proud of everything this team has achieved.' 

Sandberg has served as chief operating officer at the social media giant since 2008 after leaving Google, four years before Facebook went public. 

'When I took this job in 2008, I hoped I would be in this role for five years.

Fourteen years later, it is time for me to write the next chapter of my life,' Sandberg wrote on her Facebook page. 

She did not say what she planned to do for the next step of her career, only that her immediate focus is on her wedding and charity work. 

Sandberg has an estimated net worth of $1.6 billion and is a noted philanthropist in addition to authoring the bestselling book in support of professional women, Lean In. 

In 2015, Sandberg's husband Dave Goldberg died tragically and unexpectedly at age 47, after suffering a heart arrhythmia on a treadmill.

The couple had shared two children together.